It depends 😉
Recently I wrote an article for Juicing Healthy Mag which listed the 15 Things Things That Should Never Go In Your Juicer. And while I stand by putting eggplant on this list because it is extremely dense with little “juice” there are some instances where you can successfully juice eggplant.
The texture of eggplant is spongey so you have to be careful about the size and amount you are feeding into your machine. Try to alternate it with something that is quite watery with less pulp, like watermelon. The watermelon juice will help rinse out your machine and prevent the dense eggplant to get stuck.
Why even try? Eggplant provides a number of health benefits
- High fiber content makes eggplant excellent for smoothies.
- Good source of vitamin B1 (thiamin), which promotes energy production and supports the nervous system.
- Rich sources of phenolic compounds that function as antioxidants
- Good source of copper, which is required to manufacture collagen, a major structural protein in the body and may help fight osteoporosis.
- Good source of Manganese, which helps produce collagen that keeps our skin taunt and young looking.
- Good source of B6, which helps metabolize carbohydrates and is ironically likely the most commonly deficient of the B vitamins in the American diet.
So if you are up for the challenge, here is a delicious eggplant juice recipe for you. Please comment below with your results!Pin It